020 8498 9933

[email protected]

Frequently Asked Questions

Have a question and need some answers quickly?  Read through our FAQs page that may help to answer some more pressing questions.

Who do I contact to rent an allotment in Buckhurst Hill?

Contact Buckhurst Hill Leisure Gardens Association who manage the allotments on behalf of the parish council

Marcia Levan-Harris

[email protected]

07789 003284

Where is the library and what are their opening times?

Buckhurst Hill Library is situated at the top of Queens Road (No. 165).

Tel: 03330 132646

Opening times are Monday and Wednesday 9.30 am-5.00 pm managed by the Parish Council;

Operated by Essex County Council:

Tuesday 9 am-7 pm,

Thursday 9 am-1 pm

Saturday 9 am- 5pm

Where can I find a dentist in Buckhurst Hill?

Valley Dental Practice, 83 Loughton Way, IG9 6AS – 020 8504 5787

The White House Dental Practice, 2 Roding View, IG9 6AQ – 020 8504 9393

Paul Isaacs, 11 Queens Road, IG9 5BZ – 020 8505 8008

Do you have a list of doctors in the area?

Kings Medical Centre, 23 Kings Avenue, IG9 5LP – 020 8504 0122

Palmerston Road Surgery, 18 Palmerston Road, IG9 5LT – 020 8504 1552

The River Surgery, 16 Rous Road, IG9 6BN – 020 8504 7364

Who do I contact to remove flytipping?

Who do I contact to remove flytipping?

Call the flytipping HOTLINE – 01992 564297

Where can I obtain free recycling bags?

Buckhurst Hill Library

Buckhurst Hill Convenience Store

Post Office

Queens Food and Wine

Premiere & post Office

Valley News

Valley Mini Market

How do I report a dead animal?

Both domestic and wild animals (eg. deer – dead squirrels/rabbits, etc.) will not be treated as an emergency.  However, large animals such as deer, which obstruct traffic on the road, will be treated as an emergency.

To report traffic accidents, spillages or highways related emergencies

  • Vehicle Traffic Accidents
  • Liquid / oil spillage likely to cause a danger
  • Large amount of dumped refuse causing an obstruction to a footway or road
  • Large street cleansing problem that require immediate attention, eg hazardous, asbestos, broken glass, spilled lorry load, etc.

The Waste Management call out system can be contacted by telephone on:-

01992 564608

Monday to Friday (09:00 – 17:00 hrs)

01992 564000

Monday to Thursday (17:00 – 09:00 hrs), Friday (17:00) to Monday (09:00 hrs), All Bank Holidays

What should I do if I see an abandoned vehicle?

Abandoned vehicles on council housing estates should be reported to the appropriate area housing Office.

If the vehicle is on the road in a dangerous position or condition, Contact Essex Police.

How do I report a highways issue?

Via Essex Highways, further information may be found at


To report Abandoned Vehicles

Tel: 01992-564608 (Mon to Fri 8am to 5pm)

01992-564000 (Sat/Sun/Bank Hols and after 5pm)

How do I contact the Community Police Team?

For non-emergency issues either call 101 or email [email protected].police.uk

How do I report a rubbish problem?

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Drop us an email at [email protected] or you can also call us on 020 8498 9933 during office hours.

About us

Buckhurst Hill, on the doorstep of the ancient Epping Forest, is a desirable location across the age spectrum for many reasons. It has excellent access to public transport.

Join Our Newsletter

Join our newsletter to receive up to date news.